- Specific disclaimer concerning medical information. The information provided in this Website is for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for medical advice. All medical information presented should be discussed with your health care professional. Remember, the failure to seek timely medical advice can have serious ramifications. We urge you to discuss any current health related problems you are experiencing with a health care professional immediately.
- All material on this Website, and the files associated with it, are copyrighted by The Derm (“The Derm”) or by the original creator of that material. It is protected by the copyright laws of the United States of America and under treaties with other nations. Unless otherwise stated, no material on this Website is in the public domain. You may download, copy, reproduce, redistribute, republish, display, post, or transmit material on this Website only if expressly permitted, and then only the designated material. The Derm in no way represents or warrants that your use of materials displayed on this Website does not infringe the rights of third parties.
- All trademarks, service marks, and logos (“Trademarks”) displayed and used in this Website are the property of their respective owners. Nothing in this Website should be construed as granting any right or license to use any Trademark without the written permission of its owner.
- While making reasonable efforts to ensure that all information in this Website is accurate and up to date, The Derm makes no representation or warranty of the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information.
- Limitation of liability and exclusion of warranty. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED AS IS, AND YOUR USE OF IT IS EXCLUSIVELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE DERM MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS IN IT, AND DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ACCURACY OR QUALITY, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE DERM ALSO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY AS YOU ACCESS OR BROWSE THE WEBSITE OR DOWNLOAD MATERIAL FROM IT.
- Communications by you. When you request an appointment via the Website, we will use best efforts to keep such information confidential, but due to the nature of electronic communications, we cannot guarantee such information will remain confidential. If you transmit such information, while we will not intentionally release it or make it public, we cannot assure you that the information will be kept private. We urge you not to provide any confidential health information about yourself or your health to us via electronic communication, unless we have explicitly requested said information and it is within a secure section of our website. If you do so, it is at your own risk.
For more information about how The Derm handles patient privacy and specific patient information, please visit our Patient Notice of Privacy Practices (HIPAA)
Any communication or material you transmit to the Website by electronic mail or otherwise, including data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and may be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. By transmitting or posting communications or materials to the Website, you grant The Derm a perpetual, royalty free license to use the communications or materials for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, The Derm is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques in any communication that you send to the Website, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products.
- We refer you to our privacy statement for a complete discussion of how The Derm utilizes information you communicate via our Website. https://thederm.com/privacy-policy/
- The Derm reserves the right to modify and supplement these terms at any time, without prior notice, by posting the new terms on the Website. You agree that your continued access and use of the Website shall constitute your acceptance of the new terms.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Illinois, regardless of conflicts of laws. The federal district court of the Northern District of Illinois shall be the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any claim between the parties, who consent to the jurisdiction and venue of those courts.
YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS BY USING THIS WEBSITE.