The Derm (“The Derm,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) recognizes that users may have concerns about privacy issues as they navigate the Internet. The Derm is committed to providing users with a safe, secure environment in which to secure information. The Derm will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the information you provide remains private, and is used only for the purposes stated below.
This privacy notice applies to any The Derm website that displays or links to this privacy notice and to all visitors, users, and others who access the Website from the United States (“Users”). This privacy notice does not apply to websites, portals, mobile apps, or other online applications that have their own privacy notice or otherwise do not display or link to this policy.
when you access this website your data will be processed and stored, AS APPLICABLE, in the United States. If you do not agree with this transfer, please stop all use of this Website.
We collect information about the users of our site. This information helps us determine which parts of the site visitors find most valuable as well as how we can continually improve the services we provide.
Please note that Website does allow you to request an appointment via form or chat with a representative in order to schedule an appointment. The Derm will take reasonable measures regarding the confidentiality of such request, however, due to the nature of electronic communications, we cannot and do not provide any assurances that the contents of your email will not become known or accessible to third parties. We urge you not to provide any confidential health information about yourself or your health to us via electronic communication, unless we have explicitly requested said information and it is within a secure section of our website. If you do so, it is at your own risk.
For more information about how The Derm handles patient privacy and specific patient information, please visit our Patient Notice of Privacy Practices (HIPAA)
Actively Collected Information
User identities remain anonymous unless the User provides this information as a part of requesting an appointment or using the contact form. Our site’s appointment request and contact form requires specific contact information: name, e-mail address, phone number, etc. This information is used to complete the request and contact the User.
We also actively collect information if you use the chat feature on our website. This feature is hosted by a third party, but the information collected is directly sent to The Derm so that we may assist you with any requests.
Passively Collected Information
We also passively collect information such as your IP address. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our Website.
Use of Information
We may use the information described above as necessary or useful to provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services, including as follows:
- We use the personal information you provide through the Website for the purposes for which such information was provided.
- To process your requests.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
Sharing of Information
Information Shared by Us
- Service Providers. In the course of doing business, we employ other companies and individuals to perform a variety of functions on our behalf. For example, we may provide information as necessary to companies that host our online services or send communications on our behalf such as the online chat tool. These service providers may have access to information about you if it is needed to perform their functions for us, but they are not authorized by us to use or disclose such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements, and they are required to maintain the information in confidence.
- Legally Required. We reserve the right to disclose information if required to do so by law or by a regulatory authority. We may also disclose information as part of an investigation or enforcement action relating to improper or illegal conduct in connection with our online services or other products, including, without limitation, any situations that may potentially involve threats to the safety or privacy of any person or misuse of our online services.
- Sale or Bankruptcy. During the normal course of our business, The Derm may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or any of our assets, the information described in this privacy statement may be transferred to such entity. In addition, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to require that the transferee use such information in a manner that is consistent with this privacy statement.
- Aggregated and Non-Identified Data. The Derm may maintain aggregate data or other non-identified information (e., data that does not identify a specific individual), such as usage statistics, device data, online traffic patterns and user feedback. In addition to using this information for the purposes discussed in this privacy statement, we may disclose such aggregated or non-identified data to third parties without restriction.
Links to Other Sites
The Derm.com may contain links to third-party Websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to users and not as an endorsement by The Derm of the contents on such third-party Websites. The Derm is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party Websites. Links to third-party Websites are performed at your own risk.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However you can typically choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser which are usually located within the “Help” or “Preferences” menu. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party Flash cookies (see “local storage” above) which may be used by us or our partners in connection with our online services. To delete or disable Flash cookies, please visit (https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html?_ga=1.180001447.265154327.1459868723) for more information.
However, please bear in mind if you do not accept cookies, this prevents the Website from recognizing you as a previous user of the Website.
Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out Tool
Google Analytics Opt-Out Plugin
Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out Tool
The Derm.com encourages visitors to submit feedback. Any feedback that is submitted becomes the property of The Derm.com and we may use this feedback for marketing purposes, or to contact visitors for more information.
Our Website is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13-years old. However, if the parent or the guardian of a child under 13 years old believes that the child has provided us with personal information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us at the information provided below to request the information’s deletion. Anyone under 13 years old should seek their parent’s or guardian’s permission prior to using the Website or disclosing any personal information to The Derm.
California Privacy Rights
For California Residents Only. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes (if applicable), such as types of personal information we share and who we share it with. To make such a request, please write to us at the postal address below. Please be sure to include your name and address.