The following questions are helpful in determining if your leg veins are healthy or unhealthy and in need of treatment. Answer the following questions to determine whether you have chronic venous insufficiency (i.e. varicose vein “disease”) and are a proper candidate for treatment.
How healthy are your leg veins?
1. Do you have heaviness, aching, swelling, throbbing, or itching of the legs? Or do your legs feel tired at the end of the day?
2. Do you have bulging “varicose” veins (varicose veins are large, bulging veins, as opposed to spider veins, which are thin, branching veins just beneath the skin’s surface)?
3. Have you ever had an ulcer or open sore on your lower leg(s)?
4. Have you ever had thrombosis or blood clot in your leg(s)?
5. Have you ever worn, or been advised to wear compression stockings?
6. Have you had any treatments or procedures for vein problems?
If you answered YES to two or more of these questions you would greatly benefit from a consultation with Dr. Joshua Tepper, our vascular and interventional radiologist.
Imagine being free of painful or unsightly varicose veins, spider veins or other superficial blemishes! At The Derm®, our clinicians offer a multidisciplinary approach to your superficial venous disease. Here at The Derm* we specialize in identifying and treating the underlying etiology of your vascular disease. Using our combined training in Dermatology, Radiology, and Vascular/Interventional radiology we focus on your specific complaints to derive a treatment plan that will be durable and beyond your expectations. We treat varicose veins, spider veins, fine red lines, and cherry angiomas.
Dr. Tepper, a Board Certified Diagnostic and Vascular and Interventional Radiologist, specializes in treating lower extremity varicose veins, spider veins, pelvic veins, and deep vein thrombosis. He offers minimally invasive, outpatient, low risk treatment with a state of the art laser that allows you to return to your normal activities the very next day.
Call our office to book your consultation with Dr. Tepper.